Sugarfree Date & Walnut Tea Cake
– 65gm Butter Unsalted, softened
– 7gm Stevi0cal powder
– 50gm Egg’s whole
– 2gm Vanilla essence
– 75gm Refined flour
– 25gm Almond powder
– 1gm Baking powder.
– 15gm Milk
– 30gm Dates + 10gm Water, Heated and Blended together
– 10gm Chopped Walnuts (For Topping)
– 20gm Milk (For Brushing on top of the baked cake)
Ingredients for making 1 Bar cake of 260 g.
- Preheat the oven to 180deg C, prepare the bake & serve plumcake mould and keep aside.
- Make a date paste by heating the water and the dates for 30 seconds in a microwave and passing it through the grinder to make a paste, keep aside.
- In a bowl, add in the softened butter and using a spatula, mix it in circular motions till it is very soft, add in the Stevi0cal powder and keep creaming the butter for 2-3 minutes till the stevia is well mixed and it attains a creamy texture and turns off white in color.
- Mix the eggs with the vanilla essence and mix it into the creamed butter mixture, gradually adding it in small portions, until all of the eggs are incorporated into the butter mixture. Do not worry if the mixture appears curdled at this stage, simply stop and add the dry ingredients.
- Sieve the flour and mix it with the baking powder and almond powder and fold it into the batter, all at once, mix well using 10-15 turns but avoid overmixing the batter further as this would lead to loss in volume of the cake.
- Fold in the milk into the batter.
- Fold in the date paste so the batter gets some moisture and pour it carefully into the mould, ensure no batter dirties the sides of the mould. Sprinkle chopped walnuts on top.
- Bake at 180deg C for 20-35 mins until a probe in the centre with a toothpick comes out clean, if it does not add another 5-8 mins more and check again, add more time if required
- Take out of the oven, brush the top with the remaining milk and let it rest on a cooling rack, in the area near the oven so it gradually drops to room temperature.
- Once it is at room temperature, cut into slices and serve or refrigerate for use in the future, lasts in the fridge upto 2 days from when it is baked. Enjoy with some fresh cream and strawberries.
What People Are Saying About Stevi0cal
“I’d been thinking of switching to stevia for a very long time and I finally found this great product to add sweetness to my life without compromising on my wellness.”
“Good price for a good cup of coffee in a pinch. If you travel often or want to keep a ready stash for times when you are unable to prepare a cup and want an option without sugar, go for it.”
“I got this product for my mother. This is her favorite brand. I am using this product since past one year. Very useful and best among others available in the market.”
Amazon Verified Customer